Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

DEVOTION - FRIDAY, APRIL 27, 2012


DEVOTION – FRIDAY, APRIL 27, 2012

THE JOURNEY”

BY

RON MOORE
Ziklag: Double Life | Genesis 20:1-2 | Devotional

Genesis 20:1-2 Now Abraham moved on from there into the region of the Negev and lived between Kadesh and Shur. For a while he stayed in Gerar, and there Abraham said of his wife Sarah, "She is my sister." Then Abimelech king of Gerar sent for Sarah and took her.

A double life is simply a person living two lives. The particular context and circumstance dictates which life will be lived at the moment. The life that portrays the desired image will be chosen. A double life allows me to choose the most advantageous mask and costume.

The double life is not an abnormal spiritual schizophrenia; it is one decision away from the most mature and determined follower of Jesus. It begins when I protect myself with a “little” lie. It is planted when the secret sin seems to work for me. It becomes rooted when I cleverly alter my calendar or schedule to make time for my secret sin. And it blossoms when my sin is not checked, and the “other me” becomes a part of normal routine.

But sooner or later the double life is exposed. Someone (or someone’s) sees through the desired image and gets a view of the real substance. And then the question is asked, “Who is he/she…really?” That’s a great question for self-evaluation, isn’t it? “Who are you…really?” Hey, if you are going to try to fool others, at least be honest with yourself…and God.

Lord, life is too short to try to live two lives. Please, give us the strength to live one life all-out for you. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment