Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

DEVOTION - SATURDAY, MAY 5, 2012


DEVOTION – SATURDAY, MAY 5, 2012

“Ziklag: Digging a Deeper Hole”
Genesis 3:9-10
BY
RON MOORE
Genesis 3:9-10 But the LORD God called to the man, "Where are you?" He answered, "I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid."
In a hallway closet, back in a corner, hidden by a bunch of hanging clothes, and a suitcase in front on me…that was my favorite hiding place in my home during games of hide and seek. When I heard those words of warning, “Ready or not, here I come!” I started breathing slowly and quickly. In that hiding place, I was never found (writing this many years later I am beginning to wonder if anyone was really looking for me…hmm). Where was your favorite hiding place as a child? Where is your favorite hiding place now? And here’s the question: Why are you hiding?
In today’s passage, Adam says he hid because he was afraid. But that explanation doesn’t tell the whole story. Adam was afraid because he had sinned. His sin revealed his nakedness. He was getting ready to meet God for the first time as a rebel. He knew how God treated him before sin, but this would be his first encounter with God as a sinner. So, he hid.
How did God interact with the sinner? Well, there are always consequences of sin, so God first explained what they would be. But then God “made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them.” Amazing! God provided a sacrifice to temporarily cover their nakedness. Then on the cross God provided his Son as the Sacrifice to cover our sin forever. Because of Jesus, you can come out of your favorite hiding place and embrace the loving God!
Lord Jesus, thank you for voluntarily coming to this earth and going to the cross as our perfect one-time-for-all-time sacrifice. Thank you for covering our sin forever with your blood. Help us to live open and thankful lives that bring honor to you. In your name we pray, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment