Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

DEVOTIONAL - FRIDAY, JULY, 20, 2012


DEVOTION – FRIDAY,  JULY 20, 2012
“A DEVOTIONAL”
WITH
DR ED YOUNG
How blessed is he who considers the helpless; The LORD will deliver him in a day of trouble.
Psalm 41:1
It’s satisfying to help someone get on their feet. I was barely 24 when I became pastor of a church in Erwin, North Carolina. The people in that mill village helped me get on my feet. They taught me and built things into my life that help me stand today. Floyd Glover, Erin Holmes, Roy Godwin, and a host of others bring happiness to my heart just thinking of their names. They also have a big share in any successes I enjoy, because Jo Beth and I were helpless, and they considered us enough to be patient and serve the young pastor who thought he had come to serve them.








No comments:

Post a Comment