Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

DEVOTION SAT 10-16- 2010

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 16TH, 2010

“GRUMBLING AGAINST GOD”

BY

PASTOR SAMUEL LAMB

The arrows of the Almighty are in me; my spirit drinks in their poison, God's terrors are marshaled against me. (Job 6:4)

Pastor Samuel Lamb

When we suffer we should never grumble against God. Many people cannot endure suffering. They grumble all the time. Job had experienced a lot of suffering.

In the beginning he was spiritually strong. He even rebuked his own wife ."..shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" (Job 2:10).

Unfortunately, after a while he cursed his own birthday. Yes, he even grumbled against God. Some people, when they suffer, do not dare to complain to God. They let it out on people around them.

This incident in Job's life meant a lot to me when I was in prison for my faith for 21 years. I can understand Job's victories and Job's defeats. It taught me that grumbling does not help. Not against God, not against those who persecuted me. My dear wife died while I was in prison. I was not allowed to attend her funeral. It was like an arrow of the Almighty, until I understood: God allows the pain, the loss, the torture, but we must grow through it.

"Bless those who persecute you. Bless and do not curse" (Romans 12:14).

"Blessed is the man who does not fall away on account of me" (Matthew 11:6).

"May God teach us to rejoice when things go wrong - knowing that in all things God works for the good of those who love him" (Romans 8:28).

Writer for the month - Samuel Lamb from China. This noted pastor was in prison for over 20 years. He is still under great pressure from the authorities. Hundreds attend his so-called House Church, especially young people. His story is available in a book Bold as a Lamb published by Zondervan, 1991.

Copyright [C] 1995 Open Doors International. Used by permission

No comments:

Post a Comment