Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

DEVOTION TUES 10-26-2010

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 26TH, 2010

“I WISH YOU ENOUGH”

FROM

SENIOR LIVING MINISTRIES

One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?"

"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these." --Mark 12:28-31

A mother and daughter were spending their last moments together at the airport. As they hugged, the mother said, "I love you, and I wish you enough."

To which the daughter replied, "Mom, your love is all I ever needed. I wish you enough, too."

As the daughter boarded the plane, the mother walked to a nearby window, ready to cry. A man noticed the woman but didn't want to intrude. Thankfully, she volunteered, "Have you ever said goodbye to someone knowing it would be forever?"

"Yes, I have," replied the man. "Forgive me for asking, but why is this a forever goodbye?"

The mother responded, "I'm old and she lives far away. I have challenges ahead of me and the reality is that her next trip back will be for my funeral."

The man said, "I heard you say 'I wish you enough.' What does that mean?"

Before walking away, she smiled and tearfully said, "It's a wish that has been handed down to others for generations, so that they might have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain them:

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright. I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun. I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive. I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger. I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting. I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess. I wish you enough hellos to get through the final goodbye."

It has been said that it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them, and an entire life to forget them. Remember the people you love and take some time today to tell them how much you care!

PRAYER CHALLENGE: Thank Jesus for loving you enough to give you salvation and for those in your life whom He has blessed you with.

No comments:

Post a Comment