Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

DEVOTION - SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2011



DEVOTION – SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2011

“Faithful in Your Words”

BY

ADRIAN ROGERS

“But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation.” James 5:12

In talking with teenagers, I’ve discovered many who harbor bitterness and resentment. And much of that resentment is directed toward their fathers over a serious matter of broken promises.

If you’re a dad who wants to restore your relationship with your teenager, one of the best things you can do is to remember those broken promises. Then go to him with a remorseful spirit and say, “I’ve asked God to forgive me and I want you to forgive me.” And then ask him this question, “Have I ever made a promise to you that I’ve failed to keep? If so, I want you to tell me, because I want to repent. I want you to believe that your dad is a faithful man.”

Are you a man of your word? A woman of her word? Turn over a new leaf today that you will stand behind your word.

No comments:

Post a Comment