Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

DEVOTION - THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 17. 2011

DEVOTION – THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2011

God Is In Control”

BY

ADRIAN ROGERS

“For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.” Isaiah 41:13

Once I had the rare opportunity of visiting with Corrie Ten Boom. I drank in her words. I listened and kept my mouth shut. One of her statements went straight to my heart: “There is no panic in heaven, only plans.” That is how God operates — no panic. Did you know the Holy Trinity never meets in an emergency session? God has never stepped down from His throne. Jesus has not left His right hand, and the Holy Spirit has not stopped interceding for you, His child. Refuse to listen to Satan’s lies of fear, discouragement, and despair. You are a victor. And God is in control!

Repeat the following throughout the day today, “God is in control of my life. He will not leave me. His right hand will sustain me all the length of my days.”

Isa 41:1  "Quiet down, far-flung ocean islands. Listen! Sit down and rest, everyone. Recover your strength. Gather around me. Say what's on your heart. Together let's decide what's right.

Isa 41:2  "Who got things rolling here, got this champion from the east on the move? Who recruited him for this job, then rounded up and corralled the nations so he could run roughshod over kings? He's off and running, pulverizing nations into dust, leaving only stubble and chaff in his wake.

Isa 41:3  He chases them and comes through unscathed, his feet scarcely touching the path.

Isa 41:4  "Who did this? Who made it happen? Who always gets things started? I did. GOD. I'm first on the scene. I'm also the last to leave.

Isa 41:5  "Far-flung ocean islands see it and panic. The ends of the earth are shaken. Fearfully they huddle together.

Isa 41:6  They try to help each other out, making up stories in the dark.

Isa 41:7  The godmakers in the workshops go into overtime production, crafting new models of no-gods, Urging one another on--'Good job!' 'Great design!'-- pounding in nails at the base so that the things won't tip over.

Isa 41:8  "But you, Israel, are my servant. You're Jacob, my first choice, descendants of my good friend Abraham.

Isa 41:9  I pulled you in from all over the world, called you in from every dark corner of the earth, Telling you, 'You're my servant, serving on my side. I've picked you. I haven't dropped you.'

Isa 41:10  Don't panic. I'm with you. There's no need to fear for I'm your God. I'll give you strength. I'll help you. I'll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you.

Isa 41:11  "Count on it: Everyone who had it in for you will end up out in the cold-- real losers. Those who worked against you will end up empty-handed-- nothing to show for their lives.

Isa 41:12  When you go out looking for your old adversaries you won't find them-- Not a trace of your old enemies, not even a memory.

Isa 41:13  That's right. Because I, your GOD, have a firm grip on you and I'm not letting go. I'm telling you, 'Don't panic. I'm right here to help you.'

No comments:

Post a Comment