Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

DEVOTION - SATURDAY, AUGUST 4, 2012


DEVOTION – SATURDAY, AUGUST 4, 2012
“THE JOURNEY”
BY
RON MOORE
The Generous Gift of Community | James 1:27 | Devotional
James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
When you hear the words “Big Talker,” a certain person probably comes to your mind. The phrase describes a person who is full of stories of accomplishment, but little to show that he has actually gotten anything done. In the words of the country song, “a little less talk and a lot more action” is what God is looking for.
God is looking for people whose spirituality produces more than big talk. “Pure and faultless” religion puts love into action by looking after people in distress. “Pure and faultless” religion follows hard after Christ in obedience, instead of breathing in the spiritual pollution of the world.
So, how about you? Do you posses a “religion” that the Father accepts? Or…are you just a big talker?
Father, make us men and women of action, empowered by your Spirit and sold out to your cause! In Jesus name. Amen.
Heavenly Father, I admit I don’t usually feel much like a “super-conqueror” would feel. But I realize that the more I focus on what You have done, rather than worrying about what I have done, the more I sense the freedom to feel victorious. Thank You for being the decisive factor in every battle I face. Remind me to keep trusting You in the battles I face today. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment