Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

DEVOTION FRI 11-19-2010

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 19TH, 2010

“CHAIRTY BEGINS AT HOME”

BY

BEMI DYMET

1 John 3:17,18 How does God's love abide in anyone who has the world's goods and sees a brother or sister in need and yet refuses help? Little children, let us love, not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

I remember a few years back preaching at my church. Had an alter call at the end - a man came up for prayer. He couldn't make his car payment and they were going to repossess his car.

So I prayed for him - but something ... Great, pray for him and send him on his way. The amount of money he needed was so small. Back then I was working in the IT industry - I had plenty to spare.

So I called him back and wrote him a check. Now - I don't normally talk about these things and the last thing I want you to think is that I'm some great guy. This giving didn't flow naturally - it took a real work of God to convict me.

Thing is - what I learned later is that not only was he blessed; it was such an incredible blessing for me. That's what blew me away. I'd written a check, he was blessed with a car payment, but God blessed me so much. I learned a powerful lesson that day. It's more blessed to give than to receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment