Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

DEVOTION WED 12-01- 2010

WEDNESDY, DECEMBER 1ST, 2010

“A TIME FOR WAR, A TIME FOR PEACE”

BY

DR. ED YOUNG

I thought I was a pacifist at one point in my life, but I know now that I am not. There is a time to stand for what is right and what is of God, even if others oppose it. The nation of Israel faced war early in her history when God commanded the Israelites to enter the promised land of Canaan and drive out its inhabitants. (I think some of God's chosen people may have been surprised to find out that the land had inhabitants!)

They were commanded to fight in order to receive what God had already stated would be theirs, and they were instructed that the "clearing" of their land would not be accomplished in a single battle. "I will not drive them out before you in a single year…I will drive them out before you little by little, until you become fruitful and take possession of the land." (Exodus 23:29-30)

Peace, too, is a great enterprise, and Solomon noted there was a time for it, as well. Peacemakers are not always heralded in the way victorious warriors are, but they are just as significant. They are quietly behind the scenes, working and praying for God's truth and His justice to prevail. There is a time for war and a time for peace…a time for warriors and a time for peacemakers.



MEMORY VERSE



There is an appointed time for everything…a time for war and a time for peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment