Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

DEVOTION - FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012

DEVOTION - FRIDAY, MARCH 9.2012



”THE PALACE BUILT ON A ROCK”
BY
REV G. MEL DUNN










“THE UMAYYAD PALACE ALONG THE WALLS OF THE TEMPLE MOUNT”

“Built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone.” -  Eph 2:20



On the day we visited the temple mount,  I tried to remember as much as I could to share with my congregation and my family.   I was especially drawn to the beautiful Umayyad Palace along the walls of the temple mount built by the Turks around 650 AD.  It made a beautiful picture.  I admired the symmetry and the arrangement of the plants but I was more fascinated by the stones that were used – some as old as 2500 years and taken from those used in the Second Temple.

Then I remembered the verses from Paul’s letter to the Ephesians

“Now therefore you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God,  and are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone.”



What a wonder is a church built on the foundation of the “Apostles and Prophets”, with Jesus Christ as the cornerstone, and faithful Christians as the stones in the building.



It is as beautiful as that Palace along the wall and will stand forever.



“Dear Lord, help us to stand strong as building blocks in your Holy Church.   Amen”






No comments:

Post a Comment