Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

DEVOTION - TUESDAY, MARCH 6, 2012

DEVOTION - TUESDAY, MARCH 6, 2010

“WALKING THROUGH THE VALLEY”

BY

REV G MEL DUNN




“WALKING THROUGH THE VALLEY”
 

Psa 23:4  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

I stood looking at the Dead Sea.    I tried to comprehend that this seemingly beautiful blue sea  was, indeed,  the lowest place on the face of the earth.    And, that in spite of all the beauty of the reflecting sky, It was a “dead sea”.



It had been an interesting day.   First, we had a long drive up to Mount Nebo and we took time gazing over the Holy Land from the place where Moses stood to take that last promised look before God carried him away.



Then, we traveled down a winding road into the Valley of the Jordan River and spent an  hour passing through the border between Jordan and Israel.   There,  we witnessed the distrust and fences that people put up that signify all the anger of hatred in the world today - from the mountaintop to the deepest valley.



And, as I took this picture, I was struck by the beauty that is found even in the valley.  However,   I was fascinated by the sidewalk that ended so abruptly and which then led off into a path that seemed to disappear on the shores of the salty water.



As I offer this picture for you consideration,  I think of our Lenten Journey.    The sidewalk may end and all that we can see ahead may be the lowest point on the face of the earth, but we can assured that no matter what this season or this year holds -

“The Lord is with us; His rod and  staff will comfort us and see us through.”





Rev. Mel Dunn

Bridgeport








No comments:

Post a Comment