Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

DEVOTION - MONDAY, MARCH 5, 2012

“SITTING AT THE FEET OF JESUS”
Devotion
MONDAY, MARCH 5, 2012

Pastor Mel sitting in the shadows on the steps where Jesus taught along the Western Wall of the Temple Mount - Oh the comfort to be near where Jesus stood so long ago.





Luke 19:45 -48


“ And entering into the temple, He began to cast out those selling and buying in it,  saying to them, It is written, "My house is a house of prayer," but you have made it a den of thieves.  And He taught in the temple daily. But the chief priests and the scribes and the chief of the people sought to destroy Him.  And they could not find what they might do, for all the people were hanging on Him, listening.”  (mkjv)





“They were hanging on Him, listening.”


I sat for as long as I could in the shadows - recalling His teaching trying to imagine Jesus standing on those steps.  Others wandered around, but I just wanted to sit and meditate within myself.   I wanted to understand His teaching - teachings of love for one another, concern for the poor, and His mission to “Sinners not the Righteous.”





A nice lady with the group asked me If I would like to have her take my picture.  I agreed it would be nice, but if I was only a shadow sitting on the steps where Jesus taught.  I have such a precious memory of that moment.





LORD, LET ME ALWAYS SIT QUIETLY IN THE SHADOWS AT THE FEET OF JESUS AND BE QUIET AND KNOW THAT HE IS GOD. AMEN


Pastor G Mel Dunn  - January 2010



No comments:

Post a Comment