Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

DEVOTION - WEDNESDAY MARCH 7, 2012

DEVOTION - WEDNESDAY,

MARCH 7, 2012

“I WALKED TODAY WHERE JESUS WALKED”
BY
G MEL DUNN


"COURT YARD WHRE JESUS WAS TAKEN FOR TRIAL"


“I Walked today Where Jesus Walked”

The night before our final Day in the Holy Land, we had gone from Jerusalem to Caesarea to Megiddo to Nazareth to Cana and finally, and ended up in Tiberius on the Sea of Galilee.

It was from there that we were to cross the Lake to the other shore and finish our Pilgrimage.

I was tired and hungry and,  after going through four individuals at the Hotel dining room to get a diet Pepsi to drink,  I was more than a little frustrated.   I was also grieving the end of the trip which had been so spiritually uplifting.

After my dinner partner left me to finish alone,   three nice folks said, “Come over and finish with us.”

I did and then planned to then go immediately to bed, skipping the lecture that was scheduled for 7:30.   One of the ladies said she would like to attend the lecture but was afraid she would fall asleep.   So, I offered to go along and help her stay awake.

I am rejoicing that I didn’t fall asleep without that most memorable experience on the trip.   The lecturer was going over the ministry of Jesus in Galilee and his depth of knowledge was exceptional.   However,   much of what he said was a review from Seminary and it was only his gracious manner of presentation that held my interest and kept my heavy eyes open.

He spoke for about an hour and then without any sort of accompaniment he became to sing in the most beautiful and moving way -



I walked today where Jesus walked,

In days of long ago.

I wandered down each path He knew,

With reverent step and slow.

Those little lanes, they have not changed,

A sweet peace fills the air.

I walked today where Jesus walked,

And felt Him close to me.

My pathway led through Bethlehem,

A memory's ever sweet.

The little hills of Galilee,

That knew His childish feet.

The Mount of Olives, hallowed scenes,

That Jesus knew before

I saw the mighty Jordan row,

As in the days of yore.

I knelt today where Jesus knelt,Where all alone he prayed.

The Garden of Gethsemane,

My heart felt unafraid.

I picked my heavy burden up,

And with Him at my side,

I climbed the Hill of Calvary,

I climbed the Hill of Calvary,

I climbed the Hill of Calvary,

Where on the Cross He Died!

I walked today where Jesus walked,

And felt Him close to me.

I felt tears well up in my eyes and as I looked around, I could see I was not alone.   I think, we understood for the first time that night that we had been doing just that and that we could return to our churches, families, and friends and knowing that we had walked where Jesus walked - and continue to walk everyday with Him.




No comments:

Post a Comment